Saturday, December 27, 2008

I don't believe in second chances, yet tonight I was given the opportunity to correct what may have been a mistake.

In the end, the choice I was tempted to make would have been the mistake. I never liked saying no; in fact, it's a bit of a problem. I rarely say no to anyone, no matter how much it puts me out, yet I found myself saying no to a possible future, no to a path that may have brought a certain happiness and fulfillment to my life.

I finally committed a selfish act; one that leaves me alone, and wondering why I do the things I do, why I feel the way I feel. Yet I am in control, even if it is only to control my loneliness. I gave my heart away, and I have yet to desire its return; I am happier knowing it is in good hands, even if those hands never hold my own.

Loneliness is a state of mind. 'nuff said.

No comments: